Get the free ss8 form 2014-2022
Who needs the Form SS-8?
Business owners submit IRS Form SS-8 to request the Internal Revenue Service determine federal employment tax status. Workers seeking a determination of their status can also file this request.
What is the SS-8 Form?
Filing The IRS Form SS 8, Determination of Worker Status for Purposes of Federal Employment Taxes and Income Tax Withholding, means you or the firm is asking the Service to establish if the work you provide the firm is that of an employee or an independent contractor. The IRS uses the information in the form and sends back the determination of worker’s status. Keep in mind that the IRS can contact the employee or the company for additional details.
Do other forms accompany the IRS Form SS-8?
As a rule, there is no need to accompany the form with other documents.
How do I fill out the Form SS-8?
The SS 8 Tax Form consists of four pages and requires various information. You can complete the fillable template online, print it out, and download a copy for your reference.
The filer should complete the following sections:
- Name of the firm, address, fax number, email, trade name, website, telephone, employer’s identification number
- Worker’s name, address, phone number, email, fax, SSN, worker’s employer identification number
- General information of the form (who completes the form, reasons for asking the determination, information about the job, etc.)
- Behavioral control
- Financial control
- Information about the worker and firm relationship
- Additional section for service providers and salespersons
Don’t forget to sign and date the template when all the fillable fields are done.
Where do I send the SS-8 Form?
Send the completed and signed document to the nearest IRS office. Please check the Form SS-8 Instructions for the filing address.